Wednesday, November 10, 2010

...and the rain stops

Well, we woke up this morning to a nice surprise...blue skies and sunshine! It seems like a long time since we have had anything but rain so we decided to take advantage of it and take a day trip to a place we hadn't been before. The missionaries needed our help moving them into a new apt. so we stopped first in Santa Cruz to help them. After leaving them, we were on the road to Nicoya and we noticed another set of missionaries walking along the road, so we pulled over and offered them a ride. Turns out that they had been taking a bus to Santa Cruz to meet up with our missionaries and their bus broke down so they were walking! Have no fear, the Martinsens are here!! They were pretty happy that we were driving by at that moment. We gave them a ride to the nearest bus stop and sent them on their way. I know I have said this before on my blog, but there is just something about seeing missionaries in foreign countries that warms my heart. I just love them.

So, next stop was Nicoya and we were getting hungry at this point and lo and behold what do we see in Nicoya but this totally GHETTO Burger King! It is actually an old bus that they have converted into a kitchen and the "dining room" and "kids play area" is under the covered patio. ha ha... We had lunch and a few laughs at how funny it was.
Next we drove through Nicoya about 30 minutes down the road to the beach in Samara. By that time it was not too far from getting dark so we didn't play in the water but had alot of fun exploring all the little tiendas and souvenir shops.(thank you Lane for being patient while me and the kids looked at EVERTHING!) We picked up a few Costa Rican trinkets to send Alex for Christmas. He will need some of those right?
The drive was a little long but really beautiful and fun to see part of the country that we hadn't seen yet. Aside from Lane accidentally driving the wrong way on a one way street for a minute, we had a great day and got home safe and sound.
I have no idea why my pictures for this post would not load...I tried for an hour and gave up. Oh well, just imagine a ghetto BK and cute kids shopping for souvenirs.

3 comments:

Mariah Payne said...

sounds like an adventure. Curious to see what all these places are that you talk about in December!

Unknown said...

Hi family...I just wanted o say hello...crazy busy here. Love you all!! Sure enjoy the time you put into the blog. You should write z book Tara!

Kristen said...

Sick..I can't believe you ate at a ghetto BK!! I wouldn't even do that in the states..let along CR. Oh well, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures! When we were in Germany..I remember INHALING McDonalds!!! Yeah, I wish the pictures would have posted those are my favorite!! Alex's letter this week was awesome! You should be so proud. Things here are good! Call me sometime...love you!!!