Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And she is here!!




I have been so preoccupied with my Christmas present that I haven't even taken the time to post about her arrival until now. Ahhhhh....I still have to pinch my self that she is really here. It is like a very important piece of our family puzzle was just missing and now it feels so much more complete. Just one more piece to go and then we will be whole again.
The five of us had so much anticipation as we waited for her plane, which ended up being about 30 minutes late. Painful.
Then, as she describes on her blog, we had to sit and watch her struggle with her bags as we were not allowed to run and hug her and help her like we wanted to. It was like having a chocolate bar dangling in front of your nose for 15 minutes and not being allowed to devour it. As soon as we spotted her making her way towards us we all just wanted to run and grab her and squeeze her to death, but no....we had to stand and wait and...wait....
Oh well, it was all worth it when we finally got to put our arms around her! She has more pictures on her blog of our reunion.
Mariah has always been the "glue"between my kids that just keeps them together and happy and I am happy to see that she still has that affect on them. They absolutely adore her and she adores them.
I know that there will be some challenges for her as she tries to adjust to our life here in a third world country and for a girl who is used to a schedule, being productive, and busy....I know that our slow paced life here will be very different for her.
I am just so happy to have her back with us a for a few months. She is a good example to all of us in many ways, she is helpful, happy, selfless, positive....and my best girlfriend.

4 comments:

Stonez said...

I am sooo happy for you Tara! How wonderful she's with you again...and especially for the holidays. 'Bout made me cry :) and p.s. you look AWESOME!! tan and beautiful...atta girl!!

lora said...

im so happy shes here too shes AWSOME ! love you love lolo

Amy said...

I can only imagine how happy you are. This will be a wonderful Chrismtas for all of you! I am already missing her. I love you all and hope you enjoy the Holidays. We wish you were here, but know that we wil see you soon! Give everyone a hug for me. Was it fun unpacking ALL the stuff???? So much for a small Christmas! :) ENJOY!!!! We love you all!

NWWhitlock said...

So happy for you. Yes it will be a bit of an adjustment for her (I'm thinking of when Jeff was home for summer. Its hard for them not to be busy all of the time!), but what an amazing chance to grow and learn along with the rest of the family! Provo will miss her :)