Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Abram

February is a special month around here since Alex and Abram both have birthdays. I have to give a little shout out to Abram today as we celebrate his 15th birthday. As you can see by the picture, he is almost taller than me so I still have a few more months hopefully to call him my little boy.
Ah...what to say about this guy......Abram keeps our family exciting. He got some serious creative genes from both sides of the family and he amazes us with his creativity and talent. When he gets focused on something, there is nothing stopping him until he figures it out. This kid is smart. So smart. He loves to cook (and eat). He has become quite good at making stop motion videos. He is an excellent artist. As of late, he has become an avid reader, which has never happened before in his life. Read for FUN? Why would he ever want to do that? Well, thanks to his Aunt Amy who sent him a new series for Christmas, that really captured his attention...he now spends hours a day reading for FUN! I love it.
He has developed a new infatuation with owls lately too. His birthday morning breakfast was a real "hoot" haha....we searched high and low here for some fun owl things and actually we were quite successful. Check out his blog for pics of his new friends. That, along with 3 new bottles of Tabasco sauce and he was a happy guy this morning!
Abram is truly unique. No one ever told him that teenagers don't like to hug their moms anymore and so I get to be the recipient of many hugs every single day. I hope he never outgrows that because I love them. He is super sensitive to other people's feelings and always looks out for the underdog. He adores his sisters like nothing else. He is also a good pal to his dad and still loves to go fishing with him even though they come home with an empty hook every time!
Abram makes the most of every minute. He is up early and stays up late just to fit in all the things he wants and needs to do. He is getting super grades this year doing his online school and we are so proud of him.
This morning I got a little choked up as I realized that we only have him home with us for 3 more years and then he will be off to college and mission as well. Time goes so fast. Thank you for being you Abram. I love you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Abe! I love this picture of you two! I was so thankful that I had the wonderful opportunity to be Abe's EFY Counselor this summer and to be able to get to know him better. He really is a wonderful kid with a killer personality! Happy Birthday GQ :)

Unknown said...

Gee thanks madre. your a doll.

Tiffanie said...

Hey! I just found your blog! Happy birthday Abram!

Shiela Campbell said...

I feel blessed to be Nana!!! Can't wait to have some "one on one" time in about 10 days. TY Abe for being such an awesome part of our family!!!

NWWhitlock said...

Happy Birthday to Abe (an his Mama)! He's definitely a keeper :)