Wednesday, February 23, 2011

some thoughts...

I read something in a book once that really stuck with me. A husband was asking his wife why life couldn't just roll along smoothly all the time...why so many trials, discomforts, illness...etc. Her wise response is something that I just love.
"honey, if you were hooked up to a heart monitor in the hospital, would you want to see a flat line? No. It is the ups and downs that let us know we are alive."
Don't you just love that little nugget of truth and wisdom? I do.
Today has been a day of reflection and deep thought for me. I had a good long sit by the ocean this morning just trying to dig deep and pull out those things inside of me that I know are there...they just get buried sometimes by life.
I read something else just today that I really love too:
"Sometimes the things we view as our biggest weaknesses, turn out to be our greatest strengths. Don't be too eager to rid yourself of your burdens. Your burdens are what shape you"
I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who gives us weaknesses so that we can grow. I have many. I am so thankful that I am surrounded by people in my life who love me in spite of them.

2 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Beautiful thoughts, Tara. I need to have some quite time to try and dig out some of those buried reflections myself - you articulated yours perfectly.

Mariah Payne said...

Love these quotes. Thanks for helping me when I most need to remember these things:) Love you.