Friday, March 25, 2011

Welcome "Home" Elder Martinsen!!

Emma captured how we were all feeling as we were waiting for the plane to arrive!

These 4 kids could not be more excited....searching the crowd to find him....


I held it together really well until we got our first glimpse of him in the crowd making his way towards us...



And.....here he is! He was just GLOWING!!

Of course mom gets the first hug....it was a good one too.

And his little sis Mariah was next in line....doesn't he look happy?

Love this picture! Why are dads always so composed??

Emma had to get her squeeze in too...all of them did of course, but I think dad was too teary eyed behind the camera to capture all the hugs.


Together again, all 7 of us. Pure Joy.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

This post makes me want to cry with joy! These pictures are precious! I can only imagine the emotion and happiness of finally being reunited together as a family after two whole years :) Congrats to the Martinsens! Welcome home Elder Martinsen :)

Kristen said...

WoW!!! You really captured it on film!! How wonderful! I am so happy for you and what a great example Alex is to the rest of the boys in the family!! This is what I have to look forward to with my boys!!! Love you so much!!

shaun.zimmerman said...

So wonderful! Thanks for sharing these great photos and the experience! Bienvenido a casa Alex - que te lo pases la mar de bien en Costa Rica...

Suze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suze said...

How beautiful! Your reunion pictures had me in tears a little bit. :) So very happy for you and your family.

SaMaTo said...

Bawling like a baby here! What a joyous reunion!!! Thank you for sharing the pictures! I love you all so much! Can't wait to see you in June at Karli's wedding! Love ya! Sara

Amy said...

I am soooooo happy for all of you! How awesome! I am totally crying myself. I cant believe Alex is home!!!! I love you all so much!

Stonez said...

YIPPEE he's home! Tara that pic of you all red eyed...happy teary face made me sniffle myself! So happy for you he's home safe and sound! Good job Alex!

Tiffanie said...

You have such a beautiful family Tara! Loved the pictures