Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I like Tuesdays

Today I have discovered a couple of reasons that I think Tuesday may become one of my favorite days...
First of all, we heard a very obnoxious honking as a large truck drives up our road. I go out there only to discover that it is a PASTRY truck delivering fresh baked goods of many different varieties to whoever is interested. I was interested!
Just the whole back of the truck loaded up with so many yummy treats...kind of like a really good dream. Can you tell that I have been seriously deprived of my treats?? Well, these nice gentlemen just got themselves a new and loyal customer.

Secondly, the property manager just set up a maid to come every Tuesday and do whatever I need her to do in the house. It is only going to cost us $4 an hour and she plans on 3 hours each week. I figure $12 is a great deal. I will make a new friend, learn some more Spanish and get my house cleaned all at the same time. Plus it makes you feel good to be helping someone else financially for a pretty small price to us.

Thirdly, the branch has Young Men's activities on Tuesday evenings so that means that we will all get to go to Santa Cruz at least once a week and explore the town.

All of these things combined have just added Tuesdays to my list of favorites.

After Lora and Abe's scare at the beach yesterday (see Lora's blog post) the kids were not ready to go back in the water today so they have found something else to keep them quite entertained. They have been making a movie with Abe's laptop literally all day. We got up and had our family scripture/study time, had breakfast and then they started in on their movie. They stopped for lunch, but other than that they have been completely entertaining themselves with this project. They politely tell me when to leave the room so that I am not "on camera" and let Lane and I know when the crying and or loud outbursts are just part of the movie so they don't get in trouble.
I have to say that it is so great to see them working together on something and being creative. After Abe saved Lora's life yesterday, they have a new BOND.

I have spent my day studying spanish and reading my novel. I think I can get used to this.
Emma's birthday is in 2 days so tonight when Abe is at mutual, Lane and I will look around to see what we can find for her and put Lora in charge of keeping Emma distracted.
I hope that more than just Abe will show up for the activity or it might be hard to keep him excited about going. We shall see....

5 comments:

Shiela Campbell said...

All of this sounds really awesome. How soon can i come for a visit???? Call me when you can!!!!

Christine said...

Well, hooray for Tuesdays then! It would be really hard for me to go without sweets too! That's awesome that Lora and Abe have a new bond! Such sweetness! Glad all is going well!

Mariah Payne said...

sounds like a good day! glad everything and everyone is doing great.

Kristen said...

okay...your life is seriously sounding too great!!! I am now jealous! I can't wait to come visit.

Suze said...

Elder Mart linked me to your blog, and I gotta say, Costa Rica sounds excellent! I'm so glad to hear that you're all doing well. And that there is a treats truck on Tuesdays. :)