Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why did the Tarantula cross the road?


To give me a HEART ATTACK I guess!!!
Well last night we were almost back home from being at mutual with Abe..we were headed down the 2.5 mile dirt road to our house...only our headlights were lighting the road in front of us. We are driving along, trying to dodge the potholes and we see this rather large black thing walking across the road. We whiz by and then Lane and I look at each other and say at the same time, "was that a tarantula??" Well, we just had to back up and see if it indeed was a tarantula. Sure enough, we back up and there sitting in the middle of the road stunned by our headlights was this big, black, hairy, did I mention BIG, scary looking TARANTULA! I know that people say they are harmless and I have even heard them described as beautiful. Well,I am not ready to attach either of those adjectives to this discusting creature. Those of you who know me well, know that me and spiders just don't get along. I am probably going to need therapy now and the therapist will most likely not speak english so it will just be useless right?

Lane and all the kids jumped out of the car and looked at it, but I just remained firmly frozen to my seat in the car trying to slow down my heart rate.
If I EVER see one of those in this house....I am catching the first flight home. Mom and dad please don't pray that I see one in the house! I know you miss me.

I have been praying constantly for personal growth and to be able to overcome fears and embrace new challenges. Does this have to be one of them or can I just remain forever afraid of spiders and still go to heaven???

3 comments:

Mariah Payne said...

ah! I am terrified at the THOUGHT of seeing one, I can't get over the fact that you could see it from the CAR... sick. Glad you made it out alive:)

Amy said...

Really????? From the car?? I am freaking out right now! I have been so behind on reading your posts, so I just read them all tonight. Wow! I miss you and think about you everyday. Life is crazy right now with finishing our yard. I was spreading mulch in the pouring rain the other day trying to get done. I need a vacation and Costa Rica is sounding pretty good! I love you and will skype you soon. Hugs and kisses..Happy Birthday Emma, I love you!

Shiela Campbell said...

I had a spider no bigger than a thumb tack head under my laundry room rug this am and I freaked out. Wonder where our fear of spiders comes from???? Loved talking to you the other night and YES I do miss you. It is past time for my yearly visit to the Martinsens. Give the BD girl a great big lipstick smooch from Nana. We went to Maria's wedding last night and got to visit with April. She is such a doll and loves you guys so much. Maria looked so happy and so beautiful!
Have a wonderful day!
XOXOXOX