Saturday, August 7, 2010

My near death experience...



Well it took me overnight to recover from my near death experience. My heart rate is finally back to normal and I can only hope that seeing these pictures again will not send it soaring.
So, last night Lane and I actually went on our first DATE since leaving the states. We went to Eddie's restaurant, which was wonderful! Anyone who comes here to visit will for sure have to plan on eating there.
Actually, I am afraid that by posting these pictures, it will greatly reduce the chances of us ever HAVING any visitors, but I hope that is not the case. I know that my sisters and my mom share the same fear of spiders that I have, so I hope they can recover from these photos as well.
As we were driving down our dirt road again last night, we saw 2 more tarantulas crossing the road. (what is so exciting on the other side of the road??? I have no idea.) Anyway, I was a mature woman and just waved to them as we drove on by. Then we pull into our driveway and there is this monstrous one just sitting there waiting for me. TO make matters worse, it was ON MY SIDE OF THE CAR!! I needed to get out and into the house as quickly as possible, but here was this THING blocking my way. I lost all maturity and started wimpering like a two year old, shaking and....ok..I am embarrassing myself I know, but I have a severe phobia so just try to be understanding.
Lane and Abe thought it was just awesome and just had to catch it and bring it in the house. I have nothing more to say.

7 comments:

Mariah Payne said...

NO WAY. That thing is HUGE! I feel for ya, I would be balling. Where is the container?? In the house?

Stonez said...

Tara the bugs in Hawaii are HUGE too...centipedes, wolf spiders and the hugest roaches EVER...and those pineapple farms had huge rats with chunky tails! GROSS! I got attacked by a centipede in the shower, roach on thigh one morning etc. So...every night I prayed, this was never left out of my prayers and I felt it was a worthy desire...that I would AT LEAST see the bug first. That is the important thing...no surprise attacks. Prayer and bug bombs at least gave me the upper hand :)

Christine said...

Total arachnophobe here too! UGH! Please promise me you will never store food in that container!!! Good luck with all that. Brenna is saving her pennies so we can come visit...She wants it really really bad. We'll see, but it won't be soon.

Kristen said...

forget it...i am not coming!

Sara said...

Ewww. Yuck. that thing gives me the creeps!! My 2.5 year old (Abigail) LOVES spiders. She wants a tarantula for her birthday. She's crazy. Good luck sleeping with all those around. I may have a hard time just from the pictures. hey, what city in Costa Rica are you guys?

Amy said...

Ok..no WAY! Where is it staying? I am totally freaking out. Lane, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING to bring that THING into the house? Tara, you are going to need therapy!

McLelland Family said...

Be careful Tara....Those things can smell fear.

Love, Shawn